PANORAMIC is the biggest COVID-19 trial in the community ever.
Thank you to everyone who has taken part.
PANORAMIC trial publications and results will be summarised and listed here.
We are still open to recruitment and our team continue to collect, clean and analyse follow-up data for both Molnupiravir and Paxlovid treatments.
See our News page for other announcements and updates.
Molnupiravir plus usual care versus usual care alone as early treatment for adults with COVID-19 at increased risk of adverse outcomes (PANORAMIC): an open-label, platform-adaptive randomised controlled trial. The Lancet, January 28, 2023: DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(22)02597-1
• Molnupiravir does not reduce hospitalisations or deaths among higher risk, vaccinated adults with COVID-19.
• Molnupiravir was found to help people recover four days sooner.
• Some NHS primary care services were used less by those who took Molnupiravir.
• Molnupiravir was found to lower the amount of the virus in the participants' nasal swabs and blood samples.
- Health economics results (Early 2024)
- Virology sub-study results (Early 2024)
We are still recruiting to the Paxlovid arm. Please check back for proposed publications and dates
Please also see our two year celebratory articles here: Celebrating Two Years of the PANORAMIC Trial: A Journey of Discovery, Diversity, and Innovation